We are currently seeking to add to our team, a Senior Internal Auditor to play key roles in our Internal Audit team. We will consider applicants in several different locations to include: Albany, NY, Hudson Valley area, Rochester, NY, Syracuse, NY, Utica, NY and New York, NY.
The internal auditor assists in providing internal and compliance audit coverage of Financial Institution Group clients to determine that internal controls provide adequate safeguards, to ensure the client’s general operating efficiency and compliance with laws, regulations, managerial policies, and generally accepted accounting principles.
This role requires the ability to work in a changeable client-service environment and to create raving fans of our clients by asking the right questions, being effective listeners and communicators, and providing creative solutions through targeted resources and technical expertise.
1. Responsible for completing audits as assigned.
2. Gather and analyze data, and report audit results in accordance with Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing issued by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
3. Responsible for interviewing client staff as needed to gather relevant information to complete assignments.
4. Communicate information, suggestions and/or problem issues regarding audit status and critical findings throughout the assignments to the Manager.
5. Create all work papers to show what was completed, the procedures and methods used, and the conclusion or the results of the work performed in an organized manner.
6. Support the efficient operation of the internal audit group as directed to expeditiously complete assignments.
7. Submit recommendations for increasing or decreasing audit steps.
8. Maintain the confidential nature of all work papers and information obtained during an audit.
9. Keep abreast of changes to banking regulations and submit recommended revisions to corresponding compliance audit programs
10. All other duties that may be assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
3+ years of relevant experience in Financial Institution internal audit or in a consumer compliance role.
Knowledge of relevant Financial institution consumer compliance regulations
Recent experience working in client service industry
Ability to effectively present information to top management, public meetings, and/or boards of directors
High degree of problem solving skills, coupled with ability to develop creative approaches, models and systems
Have passion to provide superior customer satisfaction
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to work outside of normal business hours at peak client service delivery times
Must have reliable transportation with the ability to travel to client sites and other office locations
Loan Servicing, Quality Control, Origination and/or Underwriting experience a plus
Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
In process of or planning to obtain Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or other Financial Institution related designations including consumer compliance related certifications.
Self-starter with the ability to handle and manage multiple priorities
Possess drive to grow with a progressive firm
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
Ability to read, analyze and interpret common technical journals, financial reports and legal documents
Ability to respond to common inquiries from clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
Experience with ProSystems software is a plus
HOURS OF OPERATION:
In the fast-changing accounting industry, The Bonadio Group is always on the cutting edge of growth and innovation. Top-rated employee policies keep our workforce energized and advancing, and because of our many teams and specialty services, we offer more paths to partnership, including non-traditional arrangements. Add to that our robust training and mentoring programs, and the opportunities for growth really add up. Truly, at Bonadio, your trajectory is limitless. We are the nation’s 38th largest CPA and consulting firm, and the biggest in Upstate New York. Get on board, grow with us, and find your path to partnership. Apply today!
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer