We have a great opportunity for an experienced Internal Auditor to play key roles with our Internal Audit team. We will consider applicants in several different locations to include: Albany, NY, Poughkeepsie, NY, Kingston, NY, Newburgh, NY or Rutland, VT areas. The internal auditor assists in providing internal audit coverage of Financial Institution Group clients to determine that internal controls provide adequate safeguards, to ensure the client’s general operating efficiency and compliance with laws, regulations, managerial policies, and generally accepted accounting principles. This position would be based out of our Albany, NY office with the opportunity to work remotely.
This role requires the ability to work in a changeable client-service environment and to create raving fans of our clients by asking the right questions, being effective listeners and communicators, and providing creative solutions through targeted resources and technical expertise.
1. Responsible for completing audits as assigned.
2. Gather and analyze data, and report audit results in accordance with Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing issued by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
3. Responsible for interviewing client staff as needed to gather relevant information to complete assignments.
4. Communicate information, suggestions and/or problem issues regarding audit status and critical findings throughout the assignments to the Manager.
5. Create all work papers to show what was completed, the procedures and methods used, and the conclusion or the results of the work performed in an organized manner.
6. Support the efficient operation of the internal audit group as directed to expeditiously complete assignments.
7. Submit recommendations for increasing or decreasing audit steps.
8. Maintain the confidential nature of all work papers and information obtained during an audit.
9. All other duties that may be assigned.
HOURS OF OPERATION:
In the fast-changing accounting industry, The Bonadio Group is always on the cutting edge of growth and innovation. Top-rated employee policies keep our workforce energized and advancing, and because of our many teams and specialty services, we offer more paths to partnership, including non-traditional arrangements. Add to that our robust training and mentoring programs, and the opportunities for growth really add up. Truly, at Bonadio, your trajectory is limitless. We are the nation’s 38th largest CPA and consulting firm, and the biggest in Upstate New York. Get on board, grow with us, and find your path to partnership. Apply today!
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer